Compliance and Enforcement
Technical Safety BC compels compliance with the Safety Standards Act when:
- individuals have chosen to operate outside the safety system
- safety hazards are found
- individuals have resisted attempts to make their work or equipment compliant.
Disregarding any of these elements of our safety system may result in Technical Safety BC taking compliance/enforcement actions such as providing a warning notice, issuing a compliance order, or imposing a monetary penalty or discipline order. In the case of a discipline order, a contractor licence or individual certificate of qualification could be either suspended or revoked.
Learn more about:
- the enforcement process and our enforcement actions
- the enforcement process in the Railway technology
- how we calculate monetary penalties
- our Voluntary Disclosure Program so that contractors can avoid enforcement action and fines
- surety bonds (required by electrical and gas contractors)
- compliance and enforcement fees
|Information Bulletin: Voluntary Disclosure Program (VDP)||7 Aug 2019|
|Information Bulletin: Compliance and enforcement fees criteria||7 Mar 2018|
|Information Bulletin: Compliance audits||29 Jan 2018|