200A main breaker destroyed



Reference number
#II-911227-2019 (#15344)

The occupant of a house noticed a burnt smell in the evening around 10:30pm. He went to the electrical panel where the smell was coming from and heard a buzzing sound. He contacted a neighbour who is an electrical contractor who turned the main breaker off. The panel was replaced the next day.

When properly installed this 200Amp 240Volt residential service panel is rated to carry a continuous load of 80% (160Amp). To prevent overheating, the main breaker will trip if the continuous load of 80% is continuously exceeded or under short circuit conditions.

Attachment Size
H 15344-911227 2020-MR-04.pdf 542.05 KB