Damaged copper gas line leads to kitchen fire

Persona

Technologies

Technologies
Reference number
II-1263531-2021 (#24279)

Location: Abbotsford

Regulated industry sector: Gas

Incident overview

A gas range was installed in a residential home using copper tubing that was not supported or clamped upon installation. Movement to the gas line over time damaged the tubing causing a leak in the gas. One morning as the gas range was being used, residents noticed a strong odour and a kitchen fire ensued.