Electrical panel fire causes minor damage to detached shop

Persona

Technologies

Technologies
Reference number
II-1056017-2020 (#19079)

Location: Courtenay

Regulated industry sector: Electrical - Low voltage electrical system (30V to 750V)

Incident overview

The owner of the dwelling went into his detached shop and found the main electrical panel on fire. The owner turned the main breaker off and used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire. The cause is very likely due to the overheating of the 4800W construction heater circuit, an unapproved 30A breaker.

Attachment Size
D 19079-1056017 2021-06-11.pdf 1.08 MB