Electrical unit heater fire damages structure and property



Reference number
II-848335-2019 (#15152)

A fire began in a detached garage in Windermere, BC. An electrical unit heater was found at the center of the fire damage.

The unit heater was installed in the detached garage as the sole source of heat in the space. The purpose of the heater was to prevent fluids stored in the garage from freezing.

The electric heater involved in the fire was determined to have been connected to a power supply at the time of the fire event. It was suspected that the heater may have malfunctioned.

Attachment Size
15152-848335 tm 09-10-2019.pdf 867.09 KB