Fire in middle school classroom caused by faulty light fixture



Reference number
II-1144715-2021 (#20737)

Location: Abbotsford

Regulated industry sector: Electrical - Low voltage electrical system (30V to 750V)

Incident overview

A fire in a classroom at an Abbotsford middle school occurred when a 4’ wall-mounted fluorescent light fixture reached a high enough temperature to ignite the acrylic cover over the lamps. The teacher pulled the fire alarm and evacuated the classroom.

Attachment Size
B 20737-1144715.pdf 614.02 KB