Information Bulletin: Passenger ropeway and passenger conveyor contractors' pre-operation inspection declaration
This information bulletin is being issued to all passenger ropeway contractors operating passenger ropeways or passenger conveyors in British Columbia. It is being issued as a follow up to Passenger Ropeway Information Bulletin IB-PR-2017-03.
As part of Technical Safety BC’s ongoing auditing, assessment, and inspection of passenger ropeways and passenger conveyors, we are requiring that all passenger ropeway contractors complete a pre- operation inspection declaration. One declaration is required for each operating passenger ropeway or passenger conveyor. Five declaration forms in fillable .PDF format have been created. The declaration form is based on the requirements of Annex D of the CSA Z98-14 Safety Standard for Passenger Ropeways and Passenger Conveyors that is adopted for use in British Columbia by the Elevating Devices Safety Regulation (EDSR). The forms are:
- Above Surface Circulating Ropeways (FRM-1574)
- Surface Ropeways, Including Those Using Secondary Carriers (FRM-1576)
- Rope Tows – Wire and Fibre, Including Those Using Secondary Carriers (FRM-1577)
- Passenger Conveyors (FRM-1578)
- Reversible and Industrial Ropeways (FRM-1598)
Declaration forms shall be submitted to Technical Safety BC before your passenger ropeway operates. See the required submission dates below:
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate in the winter only, the declaration must be submitted before the ropeway operates for the winter season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate for the summer only, the declaration must be submitted before the start of the summer season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate for the winter and summer seasons, the declaration shall be submitted before the start of the winter season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate year round, the declaration shall be submitted at the end of your annual maintenance shut down period.
Declarations shall be submitted via your online services account.
The requirements of this information bulletin go into effect as of October 15, 2018.