Piece of cardboard in furnace ducting catches fire



Reference number
II-1173055-2021 (#21513)

Location: Chilliwack

Regulated industry sector: Gas - Natural gas system

Incident overview

A homeowner noticed a burning smell coming from the vents in their home. They turned off the furnace and realized a piece of cardboard was burning inside the ducting near the furnace. The cardboard was placed there by a duct cleaning company as a way of preventing debris from falling into the furnace.

Attachment Size
D 21513-1173055.pdf 1.73 MB