Recreational cabin with propane-fueled appliances leads to carbon monoxide exposure



Reference number
II-1032679-2020 (#18573)

Location: Egmont

Regulated industry sector: Gas - Propane system


Injuries: 2

Injury description: One individual deceased and one individual take to hospital in critical condition

Injury rating: Fatal

Incident rating: Severe

Incident overview

Two individuals were staying in a recreational cabin equipped with propane-fueled appliances. The occupants were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide which were present in the cabin. The individuals were discovered inside unresponsive. One individual was deceased and the other was airlifted to hospital in critical condition.

Attachment Size
18573-1032679 Ruby Lake 2020-08-21.pdf 4.92 MB