Residential electric fireplace place catches fire when turned on for testing



Reference number
II-1113068-2020 (#20115)

Location: Abbotsford

Regulated industry sector: Electrical – Low voltage electrical system

Incident overview

An electric fireplace was installed in a renovated dwelling. When the fireplace was turned on for the first time for testing purposes, the fireplace caught on fire causing components of the electrical fireplace to warp and melt.

Attachment Size
D 20115-1113068.pdf 707.89 KB