Wall mount thermostat catches fire after installed on 240 volt circuit

Persona

Technologies

Technologies
Reference number
II-805147-2019 (#10766)

A wall mount thermostat located in the secondary suite of a single family dwelling caught on fire when it was installed onto a 240 volt electrical circuit for a 1500 watt baseboard heater. The fire was put out by the homeowner and the fire department was notified to make sure the fire was completely out.

Attachment Size
b 10766-805147 r29-jl-2019.pdf 1.45 MB