Official Contest Rules
1. CONTEST: Each contest (a “Contest”) hosted by British Columbia Safety Authority dba Technical Safety BC (“TSBC”) is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located at the bottom of this page, and these rules (the “Contest Rules”). By participating or attempting to participate in a Contest, each entrant (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules. Only Entrants who abide by the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules are eligible to win a prize in a Contest. The Short Rules and the Contest Rules may be amended from time to time without prior notice to any Entrants.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to individuals who:
a) are residents of British Columbia, Canada;
b) are of the age of majority in British Columbia; and
c) are named recipients in Technical Safety BC’s November 9, 2022 email with subject line Survey: Have your say on ice arena safety for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
except for employees, officers, or directors of TSBC and any supplier of a particular Contest (including any third party providing the prize(s) awarded in such Contest) and any of their subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, agents and representatives (hereinafter referred to as the “Released Parties”), as well as their immediate families and persons living in the same household as such individuals.
In the Contest Rules, an individual who is eligible to enter the Contest is referred to as an “Eligible Participant”. TSBC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant.
3. CONTEST DATES: A Contest will be open for entry during the period of time specified in the applicable Short Rules. All entries received after the End Time are ineligible to receive a prize.
4. ENTRY: No purchase or other consideration is required in order to enter or win a Contest. Entrants are required to enter a Contest through the method indicated in the applicable Short Rules.
5. ENTRANT AGREEMENT: The submission or attempted submission of an entry for a Contest constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Short Rules, the Contest Rules and to any decisions made by TSBC, all decisions of which pertaining to a Contest shall be final and binding without any right of appeal. Winning a prize is contingent upon an Eligible Participant fulfilling all of the requirements of and all terms and conditions provided in the Short Rules and Contest Rules.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The potential winner(s) of any Contest will be selected by random selection or other manner specified in the Short Rules (each a “Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will only be declared a winner (a "Winning Entrant”) if the Selected Entrant correctly answers the skill-testing question set out in the Short Rules.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning any prize depend on the number of valid entries received in accordance with the Short Rules and Contest Rules. Only one (1) entry allowed per individual.
8. PRIZE FORFEITURE: If TSBC is not able to contact a Winning Entrant using the Notification process described in the Short Rules within ten (10) days of the Selection Time, or if the Winning Entrant fails to comply in full and in any way or manner with any provision or provisions of or requirement contained in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules including, without limitation, the eligibility requirements set out in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules, the Winning Entrant forfeits any right to receive the prize, is deemed to have waived any claim to the prize without further notice, and the prize is forfeited.
If, for any reason, a Winning Entrant is considered to have forfeited the prize, TSBC may, in its sole discretion and time permitting, randomly select another Eligible Participant as a Winning Entrant. In such case, TSBC will send a Notification to the new Winning Entrant and the process set forth herein will be followed again.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering a Contest, each Entrant (a “Releasor”) releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their shareholders (if applicable) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, and costs and expenses, including legal fees and related expenses, of whatever nature or kind, including but not limited to claims based on negligence, breach of contract, printing errors or omissions, publicity rights, defamation, and liability for injury, accident, damage, claim, loss, misfortune, death, or property damage, which any Releasor or third party has, might have, or could have with respect to or in any way related or connected to any aspect(s) of a Contest, by reason of or arising out of the Releasor’s participation or attempted participation in a Contest and compliance or non-compliance with the Short Rules, the Contest Rules, and/or in connection with the awarding, acceptance, delivery, possession, use, and/or misuse of the prize awarded and any travel by a Releasor to claim the prize.
10. PUBLICITY: Each Entrant agrees that the Released Parties and their designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) and permission to broadcast, publish and otherwise use his/her personal information, including name, address of residence, statements regarding a Contest, image, voice and/or likeness for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law and releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto.
11. CHANGE TO OR TERMINATION OF A CONTEST: Subject to first obtaining any necessary and applicable governmental consent, TSBC reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Contest or to amend, enlarge or modify the Short Rules or the Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to any governmental approval which may be required, TSBC reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate a Contest, in whole or in part, or to modify, suspend or extend a Contest in any way, if they determine, in their discretion, that a Contest is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including, without limitation, computer viruses, glitches, or printing or production errors or omissions) have destroyed or materially undermined the proper play, integrity, and/or feasibility of a Contest. In the event TSBC is impeded or prevented from continuing with a Contest as planned or intended by any event beyond their control, including, but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or health hazard or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment malfunction or failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial/territorial, or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within TSBC’s control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, TSBC shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate a Contest. If, due to printing or programming or production or transmission or other errors or omissions or for any other reason whatever, there are more than one (1) potential Winning Entrants coming forward seeking to claim a prize, the actual Winning Entrant, in the sole discretion of TSBC, may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for a prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be the sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances for any Eligible Participant who has submitted an entry into a Contest.
16. GENERAL PROVISIONS:
(i) Prize As Awarded: No substitutions or cash redemptions of any prize are permitted except by TSBC, which reserves the right, at its sole option and discretion, to substitute for the prize, a prize of comparable or greater value if the prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability or for any other reason whatsoever. If the Winning Entrant cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. A Winning Entrant may not transfer the prize to any other person prior to the actual delivery to him/her of the prize unless authorized in writing by TSBC before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in TSBC’s sole discretion. The Winning Entrant must make any request for such authorization in writing and must sign and return the request to TSBC.
(ii) Limitations on Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for:
(a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, unauthorized human intervention, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Contest;
(b) any technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, network hardware or software, cable, satellite, cellular tower, or Internet service provider;
(c) any bugs, viruses, worms, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or a Contest or any other causes which impair the fairness, integrity or administration of a Contest (in such event, TSBC reserves the right, in their discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend a Contest);
(d) any typographical, printing, network, mechanical, electronic, technical, human or other errors or malfunctions of any kind relating to or in connection with a Contest including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in the administration of a Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or other errors in the Short Rules, the Contest Rules or in any other Contest related materials (including, without limitation, in any advertising or advertising materials);
(e) any liability, loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrants’ participation in a Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize;
(f) any lost, incomplete, late, misdirected, garbled, undelivered, stolen, or mutilated transactions, subscriptions or entries; or garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions (if, for any reason, an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in a Contest);
(g) any failed prize delivery or attempted prize delivery;
(h) any failure of a Contest website, or for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete capture on or by a Contest website or a Contest computer of any entry or any entry information;
(i) any damage to any Eligible Participant’s or other person’s computer system or wireless device, which is occasioned by accessing a Contest website, by participating in a Contest, or by redeeming or attempting to accept the prize;
(j) any lost, interrupted, inaccessible, incompatible, or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, wireless carriers, websites (including a Contest website), or other connection or connections; or
(k) any availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of a Contest.
Each Entrant acknowledges that the Released Parties shall not be required under any circumstances to award more prizes than the number of available prizes as set out in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules.
(iii) Warning: Any person attempting or apparently attempting in any way to defraud TSBC or the Released Parties in any way in connection with a Contest will be disqualified and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. Should any attempt be made by any person to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest, TSBC reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies (including legal fees) from any such person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. If TSBC in their discretion so elect, the Winning Entrant may be required to submit, and by entering a Contest agrees to fully cooperate in, a background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for a Contest will not bring TSBC or any Released Party into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavourably on a Contest or TSBC as determined by TSBC in their discretion.
(iv) False Statements: If a Winning Entrant makes any false or untrue statement in any document related to a Contest, the Winning Entrant may be required to promptly return the prize to TSBC.
(iv) Non-delivery: Proof of mailing or of transmission or of attempted transmission of any communication does not constitute proof of receipt by TSBC of the communication.
(v) Other Expenses: Any expenses which are applicable to the prize, and which are not expressly included in the description of the prize in the Short Rules, or the Contest Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winning Entrant. If the Winning Entrant cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
(vi) Currency: Currency amounts if stated herein are in Canadian dollars.
(vii) Responsibility of Entrants: It is the responsibility of any person who submits an entry into a Contest to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules. TSBC reserves the right in their discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation of a Contest, to be acting in violation of the Short Rules, the Contest Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the apparent intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. TSBC reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from and against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(viii) Discrepancy with Other Media: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any website or advertising or form or other publicity or materials concerning a Contest and the provisions contained in the Short Rules or the Contest Rules, the provisions in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. A Contest and all entries are subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations.
(ix) Possible Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Short Rules or the Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the Short Rules and the Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in the Short Rules and the Contest Rules solely for ease of reference and shall not be deemed or considered to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the Short Rules or Contest Rules or any provision hereof. The Short Rules and Contest Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except as expressly provided herein and made in writing by a duly authorized representative of TSBC.
(x) Law: A Contest is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between one or more persons who participate in a Contest and TSBC in connection with a Contest shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All persons who participate in a Contest, TSBC, and all other parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia, sitting in the City of Vancouver, British Columbia, in respect of the determination of any matter or dispute arising under or in respect of a Contest or arising under or in respect of the Short Rules or the Contest Rules and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts in the Province of British Columbia.
(xii) Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations used in a Contest are the property of TSBC or any applicable Released Party. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
(xiii) Copy of Official Rules: A copy of the Contest Rules can be found at the Contest website (www.technicalsafetybc.ca/asap-contest-terms-and-conditions).
Technical Safety BC Short Contest Rules
(the “Short Rules”)
No purchase required.
Contest begins on November 8, 2022 at 12:00am PT and ends on December 6, 2022 at 11:59pm PT (“End Time”).
3 winners will be selected. There are a total of 3 prizes available to be won. The winner will receive:
• One (1) of three (3) eGift cards for either Home Depot or President’s Choice (valued at $100 each)
The Contest is open to individuals who:
• Are residents of British Columbia, Canada;
• Are the age of majority in British Columbia, Canada; and
• Are a named recipient in Technical Safety BC’s November 9, 2022 email with subject line Survey: Have your say on ice arena safety for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
All entries received after the End Time are ineligible to receive a prize.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before contest closes.
Limit of 1 entry per individual.
To enter the contest, eligible participants must enter the required information at the end of the “Survey to Arena Owners: Ammonia Safety Awareness Program: Survey #2”
Winning Entrant will be drawn by random selection on December 7, 2022 at 12:00pm PT (“Selection Time”).
Skill-testing mathematical question required.
Technical Safety BC will contact the Winning Entrants through email notifying them that they have won a prize (the “Notification”). If the Winning Entrant wishes to accept the prize, TSBC will obtain the Winning Entrant’s delivery email address. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable if, for any reason, a Winning Entrant does not receive the Notification (or any other communications) from TSBC.
All Winning Entrants who choose to accept the prize will have their prize delivered to them via the applicable delivery email address provided during the Notification process above.