Become a recognized training provider for FSR continuing education
Electrical Field Safety Representatives (FSRs) must satisfy continuing education requirements before they can renew their certificate of qualification, as established in the Electrical Safety Regulation. The next renewal process in 2021 requires class A, B and C FSRs to:
- receive eight hours of continuing education training supplied by a recognized training provider; or
- self-study and pass the challenge exam with Technical Safety BC. FSRs who do not pass the exam must complete the required eight-hour training program prior to renewing in 2021.
Training providers that wish to offer a continuing education curriculum for class A, B and C FSRs can apply for a course recognition with Technical Safety BC.
How to apply for course recognition
Step 1: Review our Continuing Education: Electrical Field Safety Representative Class A, B, C syllabus to ensure your curriculum aligns with our training requirements.
Step 2: Complete this application form to submit your general information.
Step 3: Within 5 business days, your application will be assessed and you will receive an email with a secure link. Use this link to upload the following documents:
- List of instructors, including their names, years of trade experience, and years of teaching experience
- Qualifications of instructors, including copies of trade qualifications and teaching qualifications
- Course outline and lesson plan
- Course delivery method
- Course material, which may include presentations and handouts
- Sample record of course completion, which should include:
- Training provider name
- Training provider address and phone number
- Instructor(s) name
- Individual’s name
- Course title
- Date of completion
Step 4: Upon receipt of your documents, your application and attached documents will be evaluated to ensure our training requirements are met. Our intent is to support you through this process and provide you with the opportunity to make changes to the curriculum based on our findings. We estimate the process to take a minimum of 10 business days.
Step 5: Once your curriculum meets our training requirements, you will receive a recognition letter, and the name of your institution will be added to our list of recognized electrical training providers for this particular continuing education requirement.
Questions? Connect with us at .