Elevating Devices Course Approval
Technical Safety BC periodically evaluates and approves new educational programs/courses that qualify to be part of the Elevating Devices Certification Program. There are three categories of educational programs:
- Safety Prerequisite - A safety course or series of courses that qualifies towards the 24 hours of safety education required for an individual applying to be a mechanic in training
- Apprenticeship Training - A safety course or series of courses that satisfies all or part of the education requirements for the Apprenticeship Training Program
- Continuing Education - A course that qualifies towards the 24 hours required for elevator mechanic re-certification in the categories of safety, code & regulations and technology updates.
There are no deadlines for submissions. Applications for new training programs are accepted by Technical Safety BC on an ongoing basis.
Process to have an education program considered:
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and email to email@example.com.
- If the course or program contains the basic core elements required, you will be asked to submit a detailed proposal.
- Technical Safety BC reviews the detailed proposal. If it is approved, Technical Safety BC will issue a letter of agreement. If it is not approved, Technical Safety BC will provide feedback outlining the reasons.