Elevating Devices Course Approval
Technical Safety BC periodically evaluates and approves new educational programs/courses that qualify to be part of the Elevating Devices Certification Program. There are three categories of educational programs:
- Safety Prerequisite - A safety course or series of courses that qualifies towards the 24 hours of safety education required for an individual applying to be a mechanic in training
- Apprenticeship Training - A safety course or series of courses that satisfies all or part of the education requirements for the Apprenticeship Training Program
- Continuing Education - A course that qualifies towards the 24 hours required for elevator mechanic re-certification in the categories of safety, code & regulations and technology updates.
There are no deadlines for submissions. Applications for new training programs are accepted by BCSA on an ongoing basis.
Process to have an education program considered:
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and email to email@example.com.
- If the course or program contains the basic core elements required, you will be asked to submit a detailed proposal.
- Technical Safety BC reviews the detailed proposal. If it is approved, Technical Safety BC will issue a letter of agreement. If it is not approved, Technical Safety BC will provide feedback outlining the reasons.