Featured

Don't be tripping', warns Technical Safety BC

It seems harmless enough – a circuit breaker in your home trips. You calmly walk over to the electrical panel and reset it. But you may be putting yourself and your family at risk by not identifying the root cause of the problem. Learn more about this and other important safety tips related to electrical breakers.

Do you know about CO?

You can’t see it. You can’t smell it. You’ve probably never thought about it. But make no mistake: it’s out there. And it could kill you. We’re talking about carbon monoxide (CO), an invisible, odourless, tasteless gas produced when wood, natural gas, or anything organic burns incompletely.

Avoid these six common barbecue dangers

Before you fire up the grill, take some basic safety precautions! Each year, Technical Safety BC receives reports of incidents resulting from gas barbecues. The most dangerous time to use a grill is at the beginning of the barbecue season, after equipment hasn’t been used for a while.  Here are six common barbecue safety mistakes – and how to avoid them.
Media Inquiries

For media inquiries, please email media@technicalsafetybc.ca or call 778 396 2164 during regular business hours. Looking for other information about us? Visit our Media Resources

CONNECT WITH US