Technical Safety BC reviewing gas codes
Technical Safety BC is reviewing the 2015 edition of gas codes that have recently been published by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
The current applicable codes in British Columbia will remain in force until the review process is complete and these editions have been adopted under the BC Gas Safety Regulation. The current applicable codes include:
- CSA-B149.1-10 Natural gas and propane installation code;
- CSA-B149.2-10 Propane storage and handling code;
- CSA-B149.3-10 Code for the field approval of fuel-related components on appliances and equipment;
- CSA-B149.5-10 Installation code for propane fuel systems and tanks on highway vehicles;
- CSA-B109-01 Natural Gas for Vehicles Installation Code;
- CSA-Z662-07, Oil and gas pipeline systems;
- CAN/CGA-B105-M93 (R2007) Code for Digester Gas and Landfill Gas Installations.
As part of the review, Technical Safety BC may propose amendments to the gas codes, specific to BC. If necessary, stakeholder consultation will be conducted to assess the impact on industry and the public.