Boiler contractor licence directive
On March 19 2020, we issued to clarify the requirements for obtaining and maintain a class A, Au, Ap, SRV, MA, and PW contractor licence.
All class A, Au, Ap, SRV, MA, and PW contractor licences must now include a comprehensive quality control program, which details the scope of regulated work that will be performed under the licence.
Quality control programs must remain current and up-to-date to ensure that they accurately reflect the Safety Standards Act and associated regulations, including adopted codes, directives, and safety orders.
Prior to each licence renewal, quality control programs must be reviewed by the licensee for any changes which may impact the program, and any required revisions to the program must be submitted to Technical Safety BC for acceptance, using . This process also applies to any accepted quality control programs that require changes, updates, or revisions.
The following guidelines have been created to assist contractors in developing, updating, or revising their quality control programs:
- Class A Guideline (BRC-7025)
- Class Au Guideline (BRC-7026)
- Class Ap Guideline (BRC-7027)
- Class MA Guideline (BRC-7029)
- Class PW Guideline (BRC-7024)
- Class SRV Guideline (BRC-7028)
Please note that as of March 19 2020, the following licensing guides are no longer in use and have been removed from our website:
- MAN-4044-00, A, Au and Ap Contractor licensing guide for applicants
- MAN-4045-00, A Contractor licence guide for assessment teams & applicants
- MAN-4046-00, Refrigeration (REF) contractor licensing guide for applicants (including letter of understanding)
- MAN-4047-00, Refrigeration (REF) contractor licence guide for assessment teams & applicants
- MAN-4048-00, B Contractor licensing guide for applicants (including letter of understanding)
- MAN-4049-00, B Contractor licence guide for assessment teams & applicants
If you have any questions, please email or call 1 866 566 7233.