Who needs a permit?

Owners and operators of amusement rides and devices, including waterslides, ziplines, train rides, wakeboard tows and inflatables.

Who issues the permit?

Technical Safety BC issues the permit.

Getting a permit

Renewing your permit

Operating permits expire after one year. A renewal invoice will be sent to the permit holder near the permit’s expiry date. It must be paid and renewed before the expiry date to continue operations using this permit.

How much does a permit cost?

The fee for a permit depends on the type of operations. Technical Safety BC is a not-for-profit organization. Fees associated with permits allow us to work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement and research. See the full fee schedule.