Transferring international certification to BC

If you are a skilled trades person moving to BC from another country or province, you may be eligible to apply for BC certification. 

The application process is different for every industry, and is based on the assessment of qualification and experience made by the provincial Safety Manager.


Elevating Devices


Power Engineer, Boiler and Refrigeration

  • Candidates with Canadian qualifications from outside BC.
  • Power engineers with experience and credentials gained outside of Canada can apply for recognition beginning December 15, 2017. Applicants will go through an assessment process before they are certified. Learn more.

Pressure Welder

Learn more in the Implementation of labour mobility agreements with Alberta and the other provinces and territories report.

Was this page useful to you?