Hiring a contractor? Here’s what you need to know
As an equipment owner you:
- must ensure that individuals who do regulated work maintain current knowledge of all relevant material(s) made public by Technical Safety BC; and
- must not allow regulated work to be undertaken by persons unless they are authorized under the Safety Standards Act.
Individuals should be:
- Qualified and skilled to perform regulated work or to declare regulated work meets a technical standard.
- Maintain currency of knowledge.
- Responsible for work they perform or declare.
- Understand their role and responsibility and exercise it accordingly.