Safety Is a Shared Responsibility
Workers, licence or permit holders, manufacturers, associations, trade unions, consumers, regulators, and government all have a role to play in the safety system.
The risks and safety requirements of technical equipment change throughout its lifecycle. We assess what protections are in place at every stage: design, and manufacturing, installation, operation and maintenance, repair and alteration, transfer of ownership, and re-use to disposal.
We work with our clients, stakeholders, and the public to build and implement programs that reduce safety risk through regulation, research, education, and enforcement. We are constantly learning as the technologies that we regulate evolve.
- TSBC Releases Latest State of Safety and Annual Report
- Core Connections 2023
- SFU, UVic Team Receives $1 million to Study Climate Solutions for Rural, Remote and Indigenous Communities
- Shelley Williams and Michael Wrinch Appointed to TSBC Board of Directors
- TSBC releases recommendations for ammonia safety following fatal Kamloops incident
- TSBC calls for greater awareness after two severe gas line incidents
- 2021 Canadian Electrical Code change