We offer a number of services online to help you manage the regulated equipment you own, install, operate or maintain.
With an online services account you can easily:
- purchase permits and pay invoices;
- view your in progress and active certifications and renew your certification (if applicable);
- view status lists of your permits, inspections, and invoices;
- submit declarations;
- access pre-populated forms;
- export permit and invoice data;
- securely save credit card information for faster payment;
- apply for electrical operating permits and verify your FSR on your electrical operating permit;
- view all of the permits you are named on (if you are an FSR); and
- view your code violations (if you are a contractor).
We're continuously enhancing our online services to improve your digital experience. Learn more about the latest changes for certification.
Please be advised that our online services are currently not available for homeowners. In the meantime, you can connect with us at 1 866 566 7233 for support.
Online Services Video Tour
Watch our video to see how our online services can save you time.
Register for an Account
1. Go to portal.technicalsafetybc.ca.
2. Click on “Not registered?” below the Login button and provide the required information on the form.
If required, include your name and/or company name as it shows on your wallet card.
3. Once we have verified your information, we will send you an email that will include your invitation ID and registration code. If someone else already holds this account, the primary account holder will be contacted to grant you access. By requesting access, you are consenting to your name and email address being provided to the primary account holder.
4. Activate your account by completing and submitting the invitation confirmation form with your invitation ID, registration code, preferred email and name.
5. You will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
1. Go to portal.technicalsafetybc.ca
2. Once you login you will see the dashboard for the account that is indicated in the top right corner of the screen.
The total non-compliances alert bar at the top of the dashboard and the "Code Violations" category are new features that will be phased in for all clients by Fall 2019.
Switching Between Multiple Online Accounts
If you have multiple online accounts (e.g., an account to pull permits as a licensed contractor and an account as an electrical FSR), you can switch between accounts by simply clicking on the drop down arrow beside the account name in the top right corner of the screen.