Carbon monoxide was released from boilers into the mechanical room of a school
April 6, 2020
Location: Campbell River
Regulated industry sector: Gas - Natural gas system
Multiple boilers experienced delayed ignition which led to build up of unburnt gas and explosive detonations. Upon investigation, it was found that the gap between the single prong ignitor and the burner very likely exceeded the maximum recommended gap causing the boilers venting to become dislodged and allowing products of combustion to be released into the space.