Propane explosion causes fire in recreational vehicle
March 6, 2021
Location: Cowichan Valley Regional District
Regulated industry sector: Gas - Propane system
A propane oven connected to an 80-gallon propane cylinder outside the RV trailer malfunctioned, likely due to corrosion of the propane oven tubing. This caused the propane leak which was ignited when the owner attempted to light the top burners, which caused the explosion and fire. The owner suffered severe burns to their face, hands, ears, and legs.