Recreational cabin with propane-fueled appliances leads to carbon monoxide exposure
June 27, 2020
Regulated industry sector: Gas - Propane system
Injury description: One individual deceased and one individual take to hospital in critical condition
Injury rating: Fatal
Incident rating: Severe
Two individuals were staying in a recreational cabin equipped with propane-fueled appliances. The occupants were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide which were present in the cabin. The individuals were discovered inside unresponsive. One individual was deceased and the other was airlifted to hospital in critical condition.