Skilled trades updates

A new skilled trades certification has been announced by the Province. Learn more about how it affects our gas and electrical clients.  

Skilled trades updates

A new skilled trades certification has been announced by the Province. Learn more about how it affects our gas and electrical clients.  

Wall mount thermostat catches fire after installed on 240 volt circuit

Incident Investigation

Wall mount thermostat catches fire after installed on 240 volt circuit

January 29, 2019

Electrical

Reference Number:

II-805147-2019 (#10766)



A wall mount thermostat located in the secondary suite of a single family dwelling caught on fire when it was installed onto a 240 volt electrical circuit for a 1500 watt baseboard heater. The fire was put out by the homeowner and the fire department was notified to make sure the fire was completely out.

Attachment
Size
1523.71 KB