All contractors that operate, install, perform maintenance, test and alter amusement devices must be licensed by Technical Safety BC.
A licensed contractor is responsible for ensuring compliance with:
- the Safety Standards Act
- all relevant regulations, and;
- all applicable safety orders and directives
How to Apply
- Complete the Application for Amusement Rides Contractor's Licence Form 1145. Remember to include details of your relevant experience. This could be previous experience, knowledge of mechanical or electrical trades, or recognized amusement device training such as NAARSO Certification or AIMS International courses.
- Include a copy of your BC Business Licence or BC Certificate of Incorporation.
- Submit your application by email
- Pay the appropriate fee. Note: The application will not be processed until payment of application fee has been received.
In some cases, our provincial safety manager will ask for an interview to discuss your knowledge of the adopted code for amusement devices, CAN/CSA Z267-00. You are also expected to be familiar with the Act and Regulations.
Renewing Your Licence
Changes to Your Licence
To update your contact information or details of the person(s) responsible for operations and maintenance of the amusement device, please complete the Amusement Ride Contractor's Licence Form 1145 and check the "update" box.
Again, in some cases, Technical Safety BC's provincial safety manager will ask for an interview to discuss your knowledge of the adopted code for amusement devices, CAN/CSA Z267-00. You are also expected to be familiar with the Act and Regulations.
Submit the form to our Amusement Devices administrator by email. There is no fee for this update.