Working at Technical Safety BC
Jobs at Technical Safety BC fall into three main categories: professional services, technical positions within safety services, and administrative services.
Most professional roles are based in our Vancouver office and include opportunities in education and outreach, finance, administration and human resources.
Technical and administrative service positions are based all over the province and are involved in overseeing public and industry safety.
What’s it like to work here?
At Technical Safety BC we understand it’s important to feel valued at work so we’ll respect the knowledge and skills you bring to our workplace by listening to your ideas, supporting your success and valuing your contribution.
You’ll work with collaborative and committed teams that make significant contributions to our strategy and are recognized for their efforts with opportunities to grow. We understand that these things are important to our employees.
We also know that people are the heart of our business; attracting and keeping the best candidates is crucial to the success of our organization.
What Technical Safety BC can offer
Personal and professional development:
- Mentoring and coaching programs
- Formal leadership professional development program
- Personal development programs
- Professional development and tuition aid reimbursements
- Career pathing and mobility
Wellness and community:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness bonus initiatives
- Supporting community through our charity of choice, BC Children’s Hospital
- An active social committee with numerous opportunities to get involved
- On-site gym, meditation/prayer room and bike storage facilities (Vancouver office)
Compensation and benefits
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Outstanding benefits (BC Medical Services Plan, extended health, dental and disability coverage)
- Competitive annual vacation entitlements
- Public Service Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Generous top-up allowance for new parents
- Time-off for caregiving, moving, and adoption leave
- Employee and Family Assistance Program