Document checklist: Commercial/industrial gas equipment design registration
For details on registering a new commercial/industrial gas equipment design,
The following should demonstrate that CAN/CSA B149.3 code have been met.
- Construction P&ID's of the appliance.
- Complete valve train drawing.
- Electrical and control schematics.
- Venting design.
- Purge calculations for purge timing.
- Service and combustible clearance.
- Proof of electrical approval.
- Hazop where required.
- Manufacturers rating plate must be attached to the appliance, serial number must be provided.
Documents required when a program logic controller (PLC) is used as a burner management system (BMS)
- Functional logic diagrams complete with timer and counter presets power distribution drawings.
- A list of all error and alarm messages, their meaning, and suggested operator reactions.
- A description of the microprocessor-based system and BMS operation, a training manual, security procedures, privilege levels, and assignments.
- Supply I/O list using the template available here.
Note: Refer forms below for up-to-date requirements.