The “Notes” Field in the Declaration Form: Are you Using it Correctly?
The “notes” field in BCSA’s declaration form may seem like an all-encompassing area to add anything from reporting a hazard to a quick happy face, but contrary to popular belief, this is not a catch-all section. The notes area is meant for use for field safety representatives to convey important information to BCSA’s safety officers.
- Directions to, or about the job location
- Contact information or access instructions
- Clarification of work included in the declaration
- Any other site information the safety officer needs to aware of
DON'T use this field to:
- Report hazards
- Ask for an amendment to your permit
- Cancel your permit
Any matter requiring immediate attention should be communicated directly, through phone, email, or text, to a safety officer.