Provincial railways are subject to the British Columbia Railway Act, Railway Safety Act and adopted federal railway safety legislation.
- Railway Act (British Columbia)
- Railway Safety Act (British Columbia)
- Administration Delegation Regulation (British Columbia)
- Railway Safety Adopted Provisions Regulation (British Columbia)
Provincial Regulations, by Railway Class
Technical Safety BC regulates five classes of railways. Please click on the links below to view the regulations associated with each class.
- Industrial - Serve and move railway equipment through track switches at an industrial site or as designated by the authority having administrative responsibility.
- Industrial Sidings and Spurs - Serve and move railway equipment at an industrial site or as designate by the authority having administrative responsibility.
- Heritage - Move only railway equipment of historical significance
- Common Carrier - Transport passengers and/or goods and interchanges common rolling stock with other railways.
- Commuter - Provide rail transportation for passengers in or between urban and/or suburban locations.