As part of Technical Safety BC's commitment to share safety information with clients and the public, we share our incident investigation summaries. The investigations are documented in our enhanced incident investigation report format and organized by technology.
When does Technical Safety BC investigate?
- When regulated work or regulated equipment is involved
- When evidence is available to help determine causes and contributing factors
- Where a learning opportunity exists to understand and document what caused the incident, and to inform prevention of similar incidents.
When does Technical Safety BC not investigate?
- Where a regulated product or work is not involved
- Where there is no evidence of regulated equipment being involved, or it has been ruled out.
- It does not meet the definition of an incident
- Evidence of cause or contributing factors is poor or non-existent.