A Passenger Ropeways trainer is a person who is certified to train lift operators in a specific area based on relevant work experience.
To obtain this certificate, you will need to submit your qualifications for review.
You are required to complete and pass the Lift 150 Train the Trainer course (offered by Selkirk College) to be eligible for this certificate. You are also required to complete our Passenger Ropeways and Passenger Conveyors: Act and Regulations course, which is offered free of charge.
Apply for your certificate
To apply for your Passenger Ropeways trainer certification, follow these steps:
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Submit a completed application form, including supporting documents, via email:
- documentation outlining your work experience on specific types of passenger ropeways — this can be written proof from your employer or a description of your work experience in written form (email is acceptable);
- your official transcript for Lift 150; and
- your record of completion for the Technical Safety BC Passenger Ropeways and Passenger Conveyors: Act and Regulations course.