Who needs a boiler, pressure vessel, refrigeration permit?

  • Owners, operators, or managers of facilities containing regulated boiler, pressure vessel, and refrigeration equipment. Examples of these facilities may be commercial properties, industrial plants, mills, manufacturing plants, multi-unit office buildings, multi-unit residential buildings (condominiums, townhouses) schools, hospitals, or municipal facilities.
  • Owners of boiler plants must also obtain an operating permit. Learn more about the boiler plant program.

Who issues the permit?

Technical Safety BC issues the permit.

Getting a permit from Technical Safety BC

  1. Apply and pay for a permit through your account or using this online form. If you use the form, you will have to submit payment separately through mail, or by calling us.
  2. Once your application is approved, Technical Safety BC will issue a permit number.

Need help? Contact us.

How much does a permit cost?

The fee for a permit depends on the type of operations. See the full fee schedule. Technical Safety BC is a not-for-profit organization. Fees associated with permits allow us to work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement and research.