Boilers and Pressure Vessels

Operating Permits


Owners, operators, or managers of facilities containing regulated boiler and pressure vessel equipment require an operating permit. This includes:

  • commercial properties;
  • industrial plants;
  • mills;
  • manufacturing plants;
  • multi-unit office buildings;
  • multi-unit residential buildings (condominiums, townhouses);
  • schools;
  • hospitals; and
  • municipal facilities.

  1. Apply and pay for a permit through your account or using this online form. If you use the form, you will have to submit payment separately through mail, or by calling us.
  2. Once your application is approved, Technical Safety BC will issue a permit number.

If you or your company is no longer responsible for the address registered with us, complete the Change of Ownership form.


Boiler Plant Program

Boiler plant owners in BC are required to obtain boiler plant operating permits for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class plants, as well as oil well plants.

You Might Be Interested In