All contractors who perform regulated work on Elevating Devices must be licensed by us.
Your licence class determines what type of regulated work you can perform. For more details, see the Safety Standards Act.
A licensed contractor is responsible for ensuring compliance with:
- the Safety Standards Act
- all relevant regulations, and;
- all applicable safety orders and directives
How to Apply
- Complete the Elevating Device Licence Application form 317.
- Submit by mail to the Technical Safety BC Vancouver office.
- Have a BC Business Registration number.
- Pay the appropriate application fee.
We’ll review your application to assess whether you’re qualified to receive your licence. Next, you’ll be invited for an interview with an Elevating Device safety officer and a written exam. For more information see Elevating Devices - Exam Information.
Renewing Your Licence
Changes to Your Licence
If your company name or contact information changes, and to request changes to the licence scope of work, submit the Contractor Licence Application form 317 (indicate “Update” in Section B). You may be required to submit an updated Regulatory Compliance Plan (RCP), as well as other supporting documents upon request.
Contractors will need to ensure they are compliant with all regulations and requirements, such as the advertising guidelines for licensed contractors.