The Elevating Devices Mechanic - Class MR certificate of qualification allows you to perform limited repairs and maintenance on elevating devices that are identified on your certificate, while you are employed by a licensed elevating device contractor who holds a Class MR licence that authorizes the same types of repairs or maintenance.
To obtain this certificate, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a trade ticket as either an electrician or a millwright
- Complete an approved Class MR training program
- Be employed by a Class MR contractor
Note that Mechanic-in-Training requirements do not apply to this class. There is also no Skills Passport for this class.
How to apply
- Provide proof that you have completed an approved Class MR training program
- Submit a Class MR application form
You must also pay any applicable fees.