Alberta Master Electrician
The equivalent certification of Alberta Master Electrician in BC is Class A FSR. Alberta Master Electricians are required to take an exam based on the Acts, Regulations, Directives (ARD) of BC.
Candidates with Canadian qualifications from outside BC or from a different country must meet the BC requirements for each certificate of qualification, with the exception of Alberta Master Electricians. See details here.
A Class A FSR (Field Safety Representative) certificate of qualification entitles the holder to submit declarations on behalf of their employer for any type of regulated electrical work. There are no voltage or ampere limitations.
To Book an Exam
- Complete the following application form online.
- appropriate documentation when prompted (a copy of active Alberta Masters Certificate).
- scanned original copies of prerequisite documentation. Notarized copies will also be accepted.
- Make payment when you receive a call from a client service representative.
Note: Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and have passed the review are eligible for the exam. Candidates found ineligible will receive a letter notifying them of any missing requirements from Technical Safety BC.
- Exam request dates can be made during fee payment. Based on availability, exam dates can be scheduled 15-business days from the time of payment.
Successful candidates will receive exam confirmation letter by mail or email, as per preference. If you have not received your confirmation letter a week prior to your tentatively scheduled date, please contact Technical Safety BC at 1 866 566 7233.
The 2-hour exam is open book with multiple choice questions. Applicants must achieve a minimum grade of 70% to qualify.
See details of certification exam fees, here.
All electrical field safety representative (FSR) certificates must be renewed every three years.
- Active Certificate of Qualification for Certified Master Electrician (CME).
- Wallet card as issued in Alberta by the Safety Codes Council, to verify current registration in Alberta.
- Electrical exam reference material
- Reference material list
- Safety Standards Act
- Safety Standards General Regulation
- Electrical Safety Regulation
- Safety orders
- Information bulletins
Recognized courses and course providers