Electrical FSR Renewal
FSRs certified prior to February 8, 2018 were required to renew their certification by July 31, 2019. If you didn’t renew, your certification has expired.
FSRs with expired certificates cannot be named on licences and permits, assess compliance with codes and regulations, or submit declarations of compliance.
What to expect after July 31, 2019:
We will process applications received after July 31 within 24-48 hours. You will receive a notice of confirmation by email once your application has been processed. You are not authorized to perform FSR duties until you receive the confirmation notice. This email will also include further instructions about timelines for payment. Failure to pay will result in your certification becoming invalid.
If you have an online account:
After logging into your account, use the drop down menu in the top right hand corner to switch from your Company account to your Individual account. If you do not see an option for an Individual account, you need to register order to renew your FSR certification.
- There are no knowledge update requirements for this renewal cycle. Proof of continuing education for FSR certificate renewal will be required for the 2021 renewal cycle and all subsequent renewals.
- The new “BC Master Electrician” designation is available through the FSR renewal process.
Electrical FSR Renewal Deadlines
(listed by certificate issue date)
Note 1: Please refer to Technical Safety BC’s for more information on fees.
Note 2: FSR renewal requirements also apply to safety officers who are appointed by a local government having jurisdiction.
Given the volume of renewal applications expected, we appreciate your patience and encourage you to renew early to avoid a lapse in your certification.
How to renew your certificate
If you have an online account:
If you don't have an online account:
Step by Step Guide
(or watch our brief tutorial video)
STEP 1: LOGIN OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
If you do not have an online services account as an FSR, click here to register for one. You will need your FSR certification number to create an online account.
TIP: If you use the same email address for both your FSR and licensed contractor accounts, they will be linked automatically in our system.
If you have both an online account as an FSR and as a licensed contractor, you can simply login and switch between the accounts by clicking on the drop down arrow in the top right of your account homepage:
STEP 2: RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATION
1. Once logged in to your FSR online services account, on "Certifications" on the left navigation panel.
2. Locate your most recent active certification and click on "Renew".
4. Fill out the requested information. Update your address and contact details, if needed, as this is where your wallet card will be sent. The designation is available through the renewal process for eligible applicants.
5. Review your submission for accuracy and submit the completed form. Your renewal will be processed after we have reviewed your application (approximately two weeks). Submit your renewal form early to avoid a lapse in your certification.
6. Upon approval, you will receive an email notification with a link to make payment for your application. Click on "Pay Now" in the email to pay for and complete your FSR renewal.
7. Once your payment has been processed, you will be able to access a printable version of your wall certificate through your online account and will be sent a durable, security-enhanced wallet card in the mail.
Your certificate will expire on the first day of your birth month in the year noted on your wall certificate and wallet card.
Need help? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 866 566 7233.
How to print your wall certificate
Your wall certificate will be available for printing through your online services FSR account.
1. Login to your online services FSR account.
2. Click on 'Certifications' in the left panel on the screen.
3. Click on the certification number associated with your recent renewal.
4. On the 'Certification Details' page, scroll down to the section called ‘Attachments’.
5. Open the attachment containing ‘Wall Certificate’ to view, save, or print, your renewed certificate of qualification.
Refer to Technical Safety BC’s for more details.
For additional information, please contact Technical Safety BC at or 1 866 566 7233.