BC Master Electrician

If you hold a field safety representative class A, B and C certificate of qualification and a qualification as a construction or industrial electrician, you will be granted the designation of BC Master Electrician - FSR A, B, or C upon the renewal of your certificate. Please note: professional engineers do not qualify for the BC Master Electrician designation.

The BC Master Electrician designation better recognizes the status of these individuals to both perform regulated electrical work as well as to validate whether regulated electrical work is safe.

Holders of the new BC Master Electrician - FSR A, B, or C designation will still hold a certificate of qualification as a field safety representative and will therefore be subject to all new field safety representative training and renewal requirements.

To apply for the BC Master Electrician designation, please indicate your electrical trade or red seal qualification number (or other professional electrical trade designation) on your renewal application form and attach a copy of your trade certificate at the time of renewal. 

Read the Q&A on BC Master Electricians

Go back to the main FSR certification renewal page

New to BC? Learn about working in BC.

Was this page useful to you?