Fixed or temporary amusement rides and devices require design registration before installation. These can include simple mechanical designs using electro-mechanical machinery for public entertainment.
Licensed amusement device contractors can register the design but must have a qualified professional engineer of BC validate the conformance of their device to the appropriate codes and standards.
CSA Z267 Safety Code for Amusement Rides and Devices.
How to Register a Design
- Fill out the Amusement Devices Design registration and installation permit application form
- Compile all supporting documentation, including:
- Technical documentation drawings
- Operating and maintenance manuals
- Operator training procedures and inspection checklists
- Email your form and supporting documentation.
Changes to Your Licence
To update your contact information or details of the person(s) responsible for operations and maintenance of the amusement device, please complete the Amusement Ride Contractor's Licence Form 1145 and check the "update" box.
Again, in some cases, Technical Safety BC's provincial safety manager will ask for an interview to discuss your knowledge of the adopted code for amusement devices, CAN/CSA Z267-00. You are also expected to be familiar with the Act and Regulations.
Submit the form to our Amusement Devices administrator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee for this update.