Elevating Devices: B44-16 Regulatory Tools Package
Draft: this package is for discussion only. Please do not reproduce or distribute.
In support of the adoption of the Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators (ASME A17.1/CSA B44-16) that will come into effect on April 30, 2020, the following related draft regulatory tools are available for review and feedback.
Please review and provide input by January 31, 2020.
Drafts of new and updated regulatory tools
The Information Bulletin IB-ED 2020-01: Amendments to the Elevating Regulatory Tools provides an outline of the code changes that will impact elevating device contractors.
Additional draft regulatory tools available for review are:
- Information Bulletin: Maintenance & Testing Requirements
- Information Bulletin: Elevating Devices Car Alterations
- Directive: Major & Minor Alterations
- Directive: Annual Contractor Reporting
- Directive: Mandatory Maintenance
- Safety Order: Driving Machine Brake – Electric Elevators
- Safety Order: ThyssenKrupp Northern Elevator Traction Sheave Brake (Sheave Jammer) Maintenance
- Safety Order: Escalator & Moving Walk Brake & Start Up Requirements
- Safety Order: Mandatory Requirements for the Alteration of Motion Control or Operation Control
The deadline to provide feedback on the above documents is January 31, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.