Certification Exam Updates
New exam applicants
We are experiencing a delay in processing new exam applications.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please expect a call from us to process payment and schedule your exam within 20 business days.
Exams currently offered and their schedules
Most electrical, gas, and elevating exams can be written online. These are offered Mondays through Fridays, at 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM.
Most power engineering exams can be written in person at our offices in Langley, Fort St. John, Kelowna, Prince George, and at Vancouver Island University. Exam schedules for these locations vary. Details will be provided once your exam has been scheduled.
Learn more about our exam procedure.
What to expect when visiting one of our offices for an exam
If you have (or someone close to you has) traveled internationally, or if you have come in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, are experiencing a fever, or have had cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days, please do not visit our office and follow public health guidelines. We will reschedule your exam.
- You will be required to wear a non-medical mask at all times. A disposable non-medical mask will be provided if you don’t have your own.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your exam time and line up on the distanced markers.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon arrival. You will be required to sanitize your hands.
- You will be admitted into the office one at a time. Please maintain social distancing (2 meters apart) at all times.
- You will be registered by Technical Safety BC upon arrival and asked to complete a health self-screening questionnaire. If you fail the questionnaire, you will be directed to go home and follow public health guidelines.
- You will be required to provide your name and phone number for contact tracing purposes should a public health investigation linked to COVID-19 be necessary. This data will be securely kept for 30 days and will only be provided to a public health officer if needed.
- Please be aware that washrooms are closed and will not be available for use.
For more information, see our Safety Plan.