The Class R Pressure Welder certificate of qualification allows you to perform a limited scope of pressure welding on specific equipment, for an employer at a specific site. This certificate has a lifespan of up to six months and cannot be renewed. If you are from outside Canada and want to work in BC temporarily, this is the ideal pressure welder certificate for you.
To obtain this certificate, you must meet certain eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for this certificate, you must:
- Have evidence of your qualification and experience as a pressure welder from your Canadian jurisdiction or the country of qualification
- Be employed by a licensed boiler contractor, who holds one of the following:
- Current ASME Certificate of Authorization
- Current National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors “R” Certificate of Authorization
You must also complete any relevant performance qualification tests, administered by a recognized test administrator, which follow your contractor’s registered Welding Procedure Specification. You must keep a record of your successful completion to include in your application.
Apply for your certificate
To apply for your certificate, you must:
- Complete and submit a Class R Pressure Welder evaluation form, along with proof (colour photocopies) that you meet the eligibility requirements of your class.
- Pay an evaluation fee.
Upon receiving your evaluation form and fee payment, we will perform a review and notify you of your result by email. We will then issue you your certificate.