The Personnel Hoist & Construction Use Elevator Operator certificate allows you to operate a temporary construction elevator or a temporary personnel hoist that transports individuals, materials, or both.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete an approved, 21-hour personnel hoist operator training course
Approved Training Providers
The following contractors offer approved personnel hoist operator training:
- James Hickey School (Tall Crane)
- SEP Products Group Ltd.
- River Spring Enterprises Ltd
- Bigfoot Crane Company Inc
Apply For An Exam
To apply, log in to your Online Services account and follow the steps. Don't have an account? Sign up now.
If you wish to apply by mail, please fill out the Contact Us form to request a paper form.
Technical Safety BC will contact you to book your exam once your application has been approved.
About This Exam
This exam consists of 35 questions.
What Happens If I Don’t Renew?
If you do not renew your certificate but continue to perform regulated work, you put yourself and others at risk. These are the consequences of working with an expired certificate:
- A safety officer may issue a compliance order, or recommend a monetary penalty
- A safety officer may be authorized to stop your work in the field
If your certificate has been expired for more than six month you will also have to re-write the certification exam.