Personnel Hoist & Construction Use Elevator
The Personnel Hoist & Construction Use Elevator Operator certificate allows you to operate a temporary construction elevator or a temporary personnel hoist that transports individuals, materials, or both.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete an approved, 21-hour personnel hoist operator training course
Approved Training Providers
Apply For An Exam
About This Exam
The examinee has 30 minutes to write the exam and the exam consists of 35 questions.
What Happens If I Don’t Renew?
If you do not renew your certificate but continue to perform regulated work, you put yourself and others at risk. These are the consequences of working with an expired certificate:
- A safety officer may issue a compliance order, or recommend a monetary penalty
- A safety officer may be authorized to stop your work in the field
- If your certificate has been expired for more than six month you will also have to re-write the certification exam.