Recognized training providers: Power Engineers, Operators and Safety Awareness
Become a recognized training provider
Power Engineers, Operators, and Safety Awareness professionals must satisfy education requirements prior to writing their certification exam.
Training providers that wish to offer education for Power Engineers, Operators, and Safety Awareness professionals can apply for program or course recognition with Technical Safety BC.
How to apply for recognition
Step 1: Review the syllabus to ensure that your curriculum aligns with our training requirements for:
- Power Engineer First Class
- Power Engineer Second Class
- Power Engineer Third Class
- Power Engineer Fourth Class
- Power Engineer Fifth Class
- Boiler Safety Awareness
- Oil Well Boiler Operator
- Antique Show Boiler Operator
- Refrigeration Safety Awareness
- Refrigeration Operator
- Ice Facility Operator
Step 2: Complete this application form to submit your general information.
Step 3: Within 5 business days, your application will be assessed and you will receive an email with a secure link. Use this link to upload the following documents:
- List of instructors, including their names, years of trade experience and years of teaching experience
- Qualifications of instructors, including copies of trade qualification and teaching qualifications
- Course outline and lesson plan
- Course delivery method
- Course material, which may include presentation and handouts
- NOTE: Submission of material for programs based on PanGlobal material is NOT required
- Sample record of course completion, which should include:
- Training provider name
- Training provider address and phone number
- Instructor(s) name
- Individual’s name
- Course title
- Date of completion
Step 4: Upon receipt of your documents, your application and attached documents will be evaluated to ensure our training requirements are met. Our intent is to support you through this process and provide you with the opportunity to make changes to the curriculum based on our findings. We estimate the process to take a minimum of 10 business days.
Step 5: Once your curriculum meets our training requirements, you will receive a recognition letter, and the name of your institution will be added to our list of recognized courses and providers for this particular education requirement.
Questions? Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org