Elevating Devices Mechanic - Car Switch & Construction Use Elevator Operator
Car Switch Operator & Construction Use Elevator Operator
A certificate of qualification is required by operators who work on construction sites and operate a construction elevator (as per section 5.10 of the CSA B44 Elevator Safety Code).
Apply For and Book an Exam
- Check that you meet the prerequisites for this certificate of qualification (see below)
- Complete and submit an application to take the exam.
- Pay the required fee
- Take the exam upon receiving approval from Technical Safety BC.
The certificate is valid for one year, and must be renewed annually.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Pass the Car Switch & Construction Use Elevator Operator Certificate of Qualification exam.