Elevating Devices Mechanic - Car Switch & Construction Use Elevator Operator
Car Switch Operator & Construction Use Elevator Operator
A certificate of qualification is required by operators who work on construction sites and operate a construction elevator (as per section 5.10 of the CSA B44 Elevator Safety Code).
Apply For and Book an Exam
- Check that you meet the prerequisites for this certificate of qualification (see below)
- Complete and submit an application to take the exam.
- Pay the required fee
- Take the exam upon receiving approval from Technical Safety BC.
Your certificate is valid for one year, and must be renewed annually. You will receive a renewal notice 45 days prior to your certificate expiry date. This renewal notice along with instructions on how to renew will arrive by mail or email depending on your contact preferences. If you don’t receive a renewal notice within this timeline, please contact us at 1 866 566 7233 from 7 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Pass the Car Switch & Construction Use Elevator Operator Certificate of Qualification exam.