A Gas Piping certificate of qualification entitles the holder to install and test gas piping under an appropriate permit.
Note: The holder of a gas piping certificate of qualification must not install, service, or commission gas appliances, and cannot be named on a permit.
To Book an Exam
- Complete the following application form online.
- clear copies of your prerequisites, along with the appropriate documentation, when prompted.
- scanned original copies of prerequisite documentation. Notarized copies will also be accepted.
- Make payment when you receive a call from a client service representative.
Note: Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and have passed the review are eligible for the exam. Candidates found ineligible will receive a letter notifying them of any missing requirements from Technical Safety BC.
- Exam request dates can be made during fee payment. Based on availability, exam dates can be scheduled 15-business days from the time of payment.
Certificates of Qualification must be renewed every three years. If you have received your renewal notice and would like to apply and pay for an updated certificate, please call 1 866 566 7233 or visit the nearest Technical Safety BC office.
- be the holder of a piping industry training credential acceptable to a provincial safety manager; or
- have had a minimum of 2-years gas fitting experience acceptable to a provincial safety manager.
Refer to Gas Safety Regulation for more information.