A Gas Venting certificate of qualification entitles the holder to alter, repair, and install venting for appliances that have a maximum individual input up to and including 120 kW under an appropriate permit.
Note: This certification does not include direct vent appliances. The holder of a gas venting certificate of qualification must not install, service, or commission gas appliances and cannot be named on a permit.
To Book an Exam
- Complete the following application form online.
- clear copies of your prerequisites, along with the appropriate documentation, when prompted.
- scanned original copies of prerequisite documentation. Notarized copies will also be accepted.
- Make payment when you receive a call from a client service representative.
Note: Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and have passed the review are eligible for the exam. Candidates found ineligible will receive a letter notifying them of any missing requirements from Technical Safety BC.
- Exam request dates can be made during fee payment. Based on availability, exam dates can be scheduled 15-business days from the time of payment.
Candidates must achieve grades of 70% or above to qualify.
Certificates of Qualification must be renewed every three years. If you have received your renewal notice and would like to apply and pay for an updated certificate, please call 1 866 566 7233.
- be the holder of an industry training credential in sheet metal, plumbing, steamfitting, refrigeration or sprinkler fitting acceptable to a provincial safety manager; or
- have an equivalent combination of experience and training acceptable to a provincial safety manager.
Refer to Gas Safety Regulation for more information.