Our gas exams are held across most of our offices in BC.
The following locations offer in-person exams. Note that they may be closed due to recent Public Health Orders:
- Vancouver Island University
- Fort St. John
- Prince George
Apply for Your Exam
Please make sure to submit a certificate application before trying to book an exam. If you haven’t already submitted your certificate application, you can submit it by logging into your Online Services account.
Once you have submitted your certificate application and we have reviewed it, you will receive a notification to book your exam. Use your Online Services account to find your available exam and choose your preferred exam dates, times, and locations. You will not be able to book your exam until we notify you that you are eligible.
If you don’t have an account, you can register now and follow the steps to book your exam.
While booking for your exam online, you will be able to choose the location of your exam, the date, and time. If you’re booking a subsequent exam, you will have to submit an additional payment. If not, you will have already paid while submitting your original certificate application.
After Your Exam
Your exam results will arrive by portal notification, mail, or email. If you don’t need to submit any additional documents, you will receive another notification when your certification letter and wallet card have been issued.
Exam Application Policies
- There will be no refunds once you book an exam, even if you do not write that exam.
- You may rebook your exam as many times as you want before your exam cancellation cut-off date for free. This information can be found in your booking confirmation.
- You will not be able to rebook your exam for free if you book your exam after the exam cancellation date.
- Rebooking an exam after your original exam cancellation cut-off date will require you to pay the exam fee (plus tax) again.
- If the cancellation cut-off date has passed and you want to rebook, then you will be required to pay the exam fee plus tax again.
- Clients that do not show up for an exam sitting will be recorded as a “no show”. Subsequent requests will be charged the exam fee (plus tax).
- You will be notified if Technical Safety BC's review identifies a breach of the exam rules. Any finding of a breach of exam rules may invalidate your exam result, and you may be subject to a prohibition of six (6) months before you are allowed to write future exams or obtain qualifications. You will not be issued a certificate of qualification if your exam result is invalid. Depending on the circumstances, further actions may be taken, including but not limited to, assessment of pre-existing qualifications, remedial training, and suspension or revocation of existing qualifications.
- The exam fee (plus tax) will be required for each additional exam attempt.
- If an examinee fails an exam, they will need to wait 30 days after the previous examination to rebook.
- If an examinee fails their third or subsequent attempts, the examinee will need to request permission to take a fourth or subsequent attempt.